Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The wonderful snapshots in my head...

Sometimes I really wish the poloroid in my head would print out the amazing snapshots that I often capture. Like Saturday when I was making breakfast and turned to find my little guy dancing "like no one was watching" to The Mickey Mouse Club. Or a little later in the day when he was sitting on his playmat playing with one of his many interactive toys (throwing balls down a shoop) and suddenly wore a look of amusement when he figured the toy out. Or when I arrived at his school yesterday to see him happily running around with friends and light up as soon as he saw me walk in, as his fast little steps rushed over to me. Or today for instance, when I turned to walk out of his "classroom" and get one more look. He was sitting at the table, legs dangling, golden curls all over the place with a few spirals landing above his eyes, smiling giddily as he fed himsef breakfast with his little green spoon in his right hand and half a banana in his left hand. He excitedly managed to land the spoon full of oatmeal into his mouth and smiled proudly. I smiled back, extremely proud, waved and watched as he waved back with his little spoon in his hand and his mouth full of food. It was such a momentous image. One I kept at the forefront during my entire commute to work, wishing I could print it and share that exact moment and the pride that ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment