Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2011

Every year I rattle off a few of the usual, standard resolutions that are typically on the top of most people's lists. As a mom, a single mom, I find that, albeit different I may now be, the top of my list still reads the same as it always has:

#1 Save money. I am in a constant battle with myself to find ways to stretch my dollars and yet live a comfortable, convenient, easy as can be requested lifestyle, which means spending $. Sadly, being thrifty and living comfortable seem to be two parallel worlds. I can't get them to cross paths. BUT this year, at the top of my list will remain "Save money" and I will do my darnest to order less lattes and pack more lunches.

#2 Eat better. I don't remember a day in my life when I didn't concern myself with my diet and weight. It's been an obsession for way too long. I stressed it less than ever last year, given I was just back from maternity leave and actually felt proud of where I was with myself - bodywise. But this year, while not as stressed about it as I was pre-baby, I am keeping it on my list. Drink water, turn down sweets. Let's see if I can at least do that...well right after I finish the last of this bag of M&Ms... 

# 3 Start a routine that incorporates exercise. Pre-baby and even during my pregnancy I was all about exercising. I lived to work out. I loved my kickboxing and pilates classes up until the day I went into labor. Now, finding the time for this is tough. But it can be done. It has to be done. So, my first attempt toward this goal is hooking up my new Wii and putting in my new dance games! Healthy, fit me, here I come.

#4 Find some me time in the craziness that is my single mama life. Stealing an hour here and there when someone is able to keep an eye on Sebastian, to get my hair did or get a good, much needed massage will be good for me, will be great for me.

#5 Keep it simple and take time to enjoy the present. Stress less, worry less, plan less. Spend more time at home, with nothing planned. Realize it's okay not to have everything planned out and remember that life is unpredictable no matter how we spin it.

What are your new year's resoluations? Anyone have anything ultra exciting or surprising on their list? Share!

3 comments:

  1. great resolutions!

    Mine are the same as usual - more travel (but domestically this year) - just to get back to being "me", not stress so much about everyone else and their world - learn something new (maybe the guitar finally) and to finally get a photo port together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much to be healthier...exercising is on the top of my list, drinking less wine and more water or decaf tea!!! Eating more fish and veggies...Taking vitamins and just to try to be a better person in general(not that I think that I am bad...but everyone can improve themselves...)
    I've been sticking to them so far and crossing my fingers for a successful yr! AMEN lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Wish I could travel mroe too!

    ReplyDelete