Thursday, January 20, 2011

A part of both of us...

It's amazing how babies end up taking on personality traits from both their parents. How they can be both of us is really quite fascinating to me. Two people in one tiny body. My son has shown that he is definitely the best of both his father and I. He has his father's silliness and easy going manner. His mother's stubborness and determination. His father's smiles and his mother's frowns. Both of his parents' love of people and parties. His father's appetite for food but his mother's sweet tooth. His father's feet but his mother's eyes. Amazing, I tell you. And interesting, to say the least. I can't wait to see what more I will discover about this little person. What other traits he'll come to show as he gets older. As it is, I find it hilarious that my son already insists on picking out his own clothes in the mornings when we get ready for school. Sometimes he wins (today he wanted to wear his Tims over his snowboots - okay, he got that one) and sometimes he loses (last week he wanted to wear his pjs to school - wasn't going to happen). I love that he is so strong willed even though it drives me nuts at times (i.e. when he wants to eat cookies for dinner) and am glad that he stands his ground when he is sure of what he wants. I think this is a good trait to have later on in life, even though yes as his mother it means some battles ahead. It's okay though. I'm ready and am learning which battles are worth fighting over. Looking forward to what's in store for me as my little guy becomes more and more independent, wiser and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment