Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bangs and Bruises

Is this a boy thing or a general toddler thing? This past weekend my little boy fell a handful of times and a few of those times, he fell hard. One in particular, I saw happen in slow motion, and as I ran to catch him - BANG - down he went - face first. OUCH. My tears sat beside his cries. I held him tight. Rocked him. Felt like a failure because I wasn't two seconds faster. And finally, after about five minutes of wailing - he settled down. And whoah - was up again and off to play (and fall) some more. Nerve wracking! But what to do? I can't possibly fly across the room like a speeding bullet every time he's about to have an accident right? Right? (Or, wait, is Superman giving out free lessons?!)

1 comment:

  1. that is part of growing up (bangs and bruises) and what we do is multitask

    ReplyDelete