Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Daddy!"

The boy called in excitement, as his father appeared at the door of the daycare center. I stood nearby, putting my son's coat on. My daddy-less son. And once again - my heart ached. The daddy swooped the boy up. The boy was all smiles - happy his father was there to pick him up. While my heart pounded in surround sound. I looked back at my son's teacher, pretended I was still listening to what she was saying. But my mind was elsewhere. In a daydream. A dream in which I see Michael walking through that entrance door, smiling and heading toward us. "...and you can dress him up in something nice for the picture with Santa." Sebastian's teacher was saying. Back to the present, I nodded and said. "Of course. Now are parents attending as well because I'd like to be here. I don't want to miss his big day with Santa." I smiled at my little boy. "Right, Munch? I have to be here when you see Santa...no, can't miss that." His teacher smiled at us and then we were off. Heading to our little home to get ready for our night time routine. Just he and I. Mommy and baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment