Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Ocean!"

"Oh shit!" Is what my little boy said. Then he said it again and again "Oh shit, oh shit." Uh oh. My son's first words - "oh shit." It wasn't the scholarly choice of words I had been waiting to hear from his mouth the past month. Wasn't even close. And I have to take full responsibility for this one. I thought I had a few months to go before it was time for me to cut the curse words from my vocabulary. Unfortunately, the day came a lot sooner than I had hoped. Coming from a family of potty-mouths, I foresee an extremely hard task ahead of me. But it is a must, since raising a sailor is not on my itinerary. So the new #1 on my to-do list has changed to: PG mama's word choices. Even though yes, I have to admit every time Sebastian yells "oh shit" which sounds a lot like "o-cean" I can't help but giggle. I know, I know - wrong thing to do. But if you heard his little squeaky voice saying "oooo-cean" every time he dropped something you would giggle too. Actually, the more and more I hear him exclaim "o-cean", the more and more I think that maybe he is saying "ocean" and not "oh shit" and maybe, just maybe I do have a little scholar on my hands. I mean after all, how many 1 year olds do you know whose first word was "ocean"? Hmmm. That's right, the more I think about it, the more I think I really do have a very smart little boy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment